Sharp General Contractors, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all field operations; overseeing subcontractors at the project site. The Project Superintendent will work closely in direct cooperation with the Project Manager and other team members on the job site to achieve a successful project.
In our 24th year of operation, we operate throughout the state of Florida, and in the last few years, we have expanded to five surrounding states. This specific initial opportunity is targeted to the Southwest Florida Region as the project location is in the Naples market. The successful candidate will plan and supervise the daily/weekly and longer-range aspects of this commercial building fit out; ensuring that each trade/work scope is properly organized and completed in a timely and efficient manner. Strong leadership skills are a must.
Further opportunities are also present with SGC upon completion. It is our intention to hire for long range growth and development with the successful candidate in our ever-growing business. We are looking for a person eager for a career, not just another job. If you feel you would be a good fit, please send your work history, references and contact information.
- Five (5) years of experience in commercial construction with at least one (1) previous Project Superintendent role.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building.
- Must have specific knowledge of field supervision for layout, framing, MEP and finish trades; professional knowledge of drywall, paint and other finish trades relative to construction quality.
- A thorough knowledge of federal, state and local building codes.
- Proven track record of safety in conjunction with all OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a commitment to safety.
- Must have a professional attitude and communication skills with the ability to maintain excellent relationships with inspectors, subcontractors, architects and clients.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer and writing skills. Multi lingual is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION ➡
- Organize and coordinate all construction field activities and priorities among subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and other individuals/companies involved with the project.
- Supervise project safety and ensure all workers on site are complying with OSHA and Company safety requirements and the project safety plan.
- Maintain required coordination with all Authorities Having Jurisdiction inclusive of all required inspections.
- Maintain professional relationship with Client and their representatives, Architects, Engineers, and all project participants.
- Actively project and communicate the required lead times to secure adequate supply of materials and equipment on an ongoing basis. Track deliveries of materials from vendors to avoid delays and onsite material loss.
- Participate in developing the project schedule and provide the information needed to create, monitor, and modify the project schedule on a continuing basis.
- Maintain daily progress reports and conduct weekly job site safety meetings.
- Monitor performance by all parties and determine whether subcontractors are providing a sufficient workforce and execution to meet required project schedule.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with the requirements of the general contract, project plans and specifications, landlord rules and regulations, etc. and ensure that all requirements are being adhered to.
- Ensure fieldwork is performed with a high standard of quality and in an efficient manner.
- Exercise control over job progress in order to complete construction project within required time limits.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This Company is a DRUG FREE workplace and offers a very competitive salary, bonuses and a robust benefits package-including medical insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off work (holidays and vacation), plus other perks
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability