Sharp General Contractors is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their rapidly growing team. We manage a wide range of commercial, healthcare and manufacturing projects. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the site superintendent, subcontractor(s) and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget.
In our 24th year of operation, our company is still led by its founder. We operate throughout the state of Florida, and in the last few years, we have expanded to five surrounding states. This specific initial opportunity is targeted to the Southeast Florida market. The successful candidate will coordinate, plan, supervise and communicate the daily/weekly and longer-range aspects of multiple projects for our long-standing clients, ensuring that each project scope is properly organized and completed in a timely and efficient manner. Strong leadership skills are a must.
It is our intention to hire for long range growth and development with the successful candidate in our ever-growing business. We are looking for a person eager for a career, not just another job. If you feel you would be a good fit, please send your work history, references and contact information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years relevant project management experience in real estate and commercial construction projects
- Ability to communicate succinctly. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients.
- High levels of customer service. Ability to serve multiple clients at any given time, deliver on milestones and create a positive impression for the team and the organization.
- Work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Must be able to lead, manage and adjust to workplace industry changes.
- Experience with interior building infrastructure, facility management, cost estimating, industry material and system cost trends, constructability, contract negotiations, lease review and advisement, and sustainability
- LEED Certification preferable but not necessary.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and construction contracts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe programs.
- Experience in architectural software such as AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel 30% of the time.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION ➡
- Manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual commercial projects including site evaluations, bid, construction and occupancy through closeout.
- Provide project leadership, coordination, and facilitation with internal and external parties to meet project goals, communicate/obtain information, and proactively identify and resolve project-related issues.
- Prepare and oversee all financial aspects of a project, including estimates, project budget, funding, purchase orders, change orders, and requisition payments, from feasibility through close-out. Identify and resolve budget problems, project risks, develop and maintain project cost reports and schedules. Prepare weekly project status and schedule updates and report and monitor/updates to construction schedules.
- Demonstrate capability to read, understand and apply standards to complex documents affecting projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Review and analyze and negotiate trade bids and provide feedback on accuracy and value engineering opportunities.
- Conduct site visits as necessary to ensure design expectations, quality standards, and project timelines are being met.
- Drive effective partnership, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple internal and external teams with competing priorities.
- Closely work with all team members to understand and identify key interdependencies and critical roadblocks, identify potential issues, and appropriately align with the needs of the Client.
- Coordinate all aspects of delivery scheduling and installation including job-site analysis, field measurement verification, schedules, shipments, walk-throughs, etc.
- Manage punch walkthroughs and issue completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with Client policies, government codes and regulations.
- Work directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepare scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Manage multiple projects and clients at a time.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This Company is a DRUG FREE workplace and offers a very competitive salary, bonuses and a robust benefits package-including medical insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off work (holidays and vacation), plus other perks
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability